Buying/Selling a Car
List of Questions to Ask When Buying a Car
- Service History, who serviced it?
- Any accidents, panel repair?
- Tyre condition
- Anything not working?
- Any scratches, marks dints on the body?
- Anything else I should know about?
- Is it stock standard?
- Clutch condition, take up and noises?
- Reason for selling?
- Leather condition?
- Interior condition, any scratches, dust/dirt?
- Exterior plastic condition, perishing?
- Where stored?
Give the buyer a receipt as proof of purchase and ownership of the vehicle. The receipt should be dated and included:
- your name, address and signature
- the buyers name and address, and
- vehicle’s details such as Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), engine number, make and model.
The buyer is responsible for submitting the application for transfer of registration form and Certificate of Roadworthiness to VicRoads.